Palo Alto & South Bay Oral Surgeon
Dr. Alexander Hoghooghi
Dr. Alex Hoghooghi is a dentist and physician who is a board certified specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He received his MD, DDS, and maxillofacial training at the State University of New York at Buffalo. He taught Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Buffalo before coming to the Bay Area. He is also on staff at Stanford Hospital Clinics and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Hoghooghi’s expertise spans a variety of specialized dental care, including evaluation and removal of third molars (wisdom teeth), advance Osseous (bone) grafting, dental implants, dental extractions, corrective jaw surgery, oral medicine, pathology, and facial trauma.
Dr. Hoghooghi is one of the few experts in advance stem cell regeneration in Northern California. Bone regeneration, advance osseous grafting for reconstruction of dentoalveolar defects and implant reconstruction have been the focus of Dr. Hoghooghi’s practice. He has successfully restored over one thousand cases using cone beam CT guided implant placement technology.
Dr. Hoghooghi is also the cofounder of San Francisco Surgical Art (SFSA). He is a member of the American Dental Association and the California Dental Association and a Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Hoghooghi is also a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and the California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Dr. Hoghooghi is an experienced Palo Alto oral and maxillofacial surgeon with extensive training in dental implants, wisdom teeth removal and jaw surgery.Call Today Appointments
- State University of New York at Purchase – B.S. – 1994
- School of Dental Medicine University at Buffalo – DDS – 1999
- School of Medicine University at Buffalo – MD – 2002
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon – 2005
- Fellow of American Dental Society of Anesthesiology – 2005
- Diplomate of The National Dental Board of Anesthesiology – 2005
- Diplomate of American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – 2006
- Oral and Maxillofacial surgery private practice – 2005-Present
- House Physician, St Joseph Hospital – 2/05-7/05
- General Surgery Internship – 2002-2003
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency – 1999-2005
- Student Research Assistant, Department of OMFS – 1996-1999
- Chemical Safety, Stack and Lam. Tech., IBM Fishkill, NY – 1994-1995
- Research Assistant, Department of Pathology, New York Med. College – 1992-1994
- Outstanding Student Services – 1992
- Honorary Member, Phi Sigma Omicron – 1992
- William L. Tucker Award – 1996-1999
- Outstanding Senior Dental Student Award, NY State OMF Surgeons – 1999
- American Association of OMF Surgeons, Dental Student Award – 1999
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Research Award – 1999
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Gum laude – 1999
- Dean’s Honor List – 1992
- Hinmann Student Research Excellence Award (Presentation) – 1998
- Kamer, A.R., S.A. Hoghooghi, and C. Liebow. Epidermal Growth Factor Downregulates the Expression of SH-PTP2. Intern. J. Molecular Med. 1:735-739, 1998.
- Kamer, A.R., L.J. Krebs, S.A. Hoghooghi, and C. Liebow. Proliferative and Apoptotic Responses in Cancer With Special Reference to Oral Cancer , [Review]. Critical Reviews in Oral Biology & Medicine. 10(1):58-78, 1999.
Abstracts and Presentations
- Kamer, A.R., Hoghooghi, S.A. and Liebow, C. Epidermal growth factor downregulates sh-ptp-d expression. J. Dent. Res., 76:364, 1997.
- Hoghooghi, S.A., Kamer, A.R and Liebow, C. The Subclass of Somatostatin Receptor, SSTR1, also Activates Tyrosine Phosphatase. J. Dent. Res., 77:194, 1998.
- Student Research poster presented, NIDR/ AADR, Orlando, Florida – 1997
- Student Research oral presentation, AADR, Minneapolis, Minnesota – 1998
- Student Research oral presentation, NIDR/AADR, Vancouver, Canada – 1999
- California Medical License – 2006
- California General Anesthesia License – 2006
- California Oral Surgery Permit – 2006
- New York State Anesthesia License – 2005
- New York State Medical License – 2004
- New York State Dental License – 2000
- Maryland State Dental License – 2004